From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe-8375 possibly not working, how to diagnose

Hey all, I have a PCIe-8375 interfacing with a PXIe-8375 in a chassis, via a Fiber Optic cable. Recently, PXI cards have stopped appearing on the PC, and the indicator light on the PXIe-8375 card is amber, signaling the connection to the PC is lost. I want to know if there is a way to determine the fault is with the PCIe card. I read on this forum post: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/PCIe-8375-problem/td-p/3139950 that four LED lights on the PCIe card should be blinking when everything is working, but I do not see any blinking lights on my card, with or without the cable connected. I am reasonably confident the fiber cable is okay.

Is it correct to conclude the card is not working? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(813 Views)

Hello yejus,

You can take some basic MXI troubleshooting steps in order to understand if the fault is from the PC site or the PXI site.

Here is the Troubleshooting Guide for the MXI connectivity.

Also, try to install the PXI Platform Services and check the visibility of the chassis in NI MAX again.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(774 Views)