PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI to PXI bridge

My PC doesn't start while I'm connecting the MXI-4 to PXI. What can be the problem? Guy.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,530 Views)
The following link is a list of troubleshooting steps for MXI-4. Can you try these? Also, make sure you are using the latest BIOS available for your system.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/484F81E6570AD803862569ED007AAA41?OpenDocument
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,525 Views)
I tried all steps. My bios is the latest as well. When I'm starting my PC first and than the PXI, the PC boot, but PXI cards are not available. When I'm starting the PXI first and than my PC, the PC doesn't boot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,511 Views)
You must always power-on the PXI chassis before your PC.

Has your MXI-4 set ever worked? Do you have a different computer you can try it on?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,504 Views)
Yes I know about the power sequence. The card works. I know it because I tried it on another simiular computer. It seems like its PC problem. Now I'm trying to resinstall the PXI sw & drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,502 Views)
Depending on where your PC hangs, it's likely not a SW problem. With MXI-4 hangs near the BIOS post, it is usually because your host computer is having trouble enumerating the additional PCI bridge and/or devices. This usually shows up as a slow boot, a hang or improperly detected PCI devices.

Another possible problem is that your computer is not providing a 3.3V and 5V rail to the PCI MXI-4 univeral card. The Universal card can do 3.3V or 5V signaling but requires 3.3V and 5V power rails to be present. Do you get both the power and link light when using the computer that is misbehaving?

What computer models are you using? I assume they are different. I would encourage you to try updating your BIOS on the misbehaving computer to see if any improvements to PCI enumeration have been made. Additionally, try contacting the computer manufacturer to ensure they provide both 3.3V and 5V power rails to the PCI slots.

-Adam U.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,479 Views)