From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-PXI-8330

I have a PCI/PXI-8330 card that uses a HSSDC type connector.  The users manual gives a Molex part number with and information for Molex to build custom cable lengths.  I have contacted Molex and they have no idea what this cable is.  What I'm looking for is information on the plug/receptacle product line to create my own interfaces (panel mount receptacles, etc)  Does anyone have any information that might be helpful?

I have attached a picture of the connector type that i'm looking for. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,148 Views)

jallen_100,

The MXI-3 Cabling Options FAQ knowledgebase article may have some of the information that you are looking for. Here are two of the sections that I hope you find useful:

Please note that National Instruments does not produce any type of bulkhead connector for MXI-3, because they might produce unacceptably high error rates that would degrade MXI-3 performance. Due to the proprietary design of MXI-3, it is highly recommended that it not be installed in permanent structures using feedthrough panels and bulkhead connectors. These types of connection solutions(bulkhead, feedthrough panels, etc.) have not been tested by National Instruments and we cannot guarantee performance or compatibility.

With that said, for the copper MXI-3 cable, the cable and connector type is called HSSDC (High Speed Serial Data Connector). This specific connector was produced by AMP, part number 1324640-2.

I hope this helps,

Eric K

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,134 Views)