From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-7833r low voltage output problem

Hi.

I'm currently working with the PCI-7833R along with the SCB-68 box.  I'm using 6 analog output connectors to send DC voltages out from my computer.

Most connectors are working fine, apart from AO1 which gives me slow reaction times and AO2 which is attenuated so that I get a maximum voltage of 1V instead of 10V.

I have temporarily switched them and am using AO6 and AO7, but I would very much like to fix this problem so that I don't lose two precious connectors.

I've checked the SCB-68 box but there doesn't seem to be any additional electrical components on these two circuits, so I believe this has something to do with the configuration of the FPGA on the computer.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Orel.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,197 Views)

Hi Orel,

Have you check the voltage out of the cable and out ofyour r-series? What does are the voltages?

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

may the G be with you ....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,182 Views)

Hi, Joe.

Thank you for your time.

I measure the voltages out of the cable.  This is done for all outputs AO0-AO7, which is why I don't understand why there are differences.  I don't think it's the cable, because when I switch it from AO1 to AO6, for example, I get the right output.  This happens only for AO1 and AO2.

Thanks,

Orel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,177 Views)

Hi Orel,

Have you check the voltages out of the card? This will tell us if it is the cable or the card. If it is the card then we will want to get that repaired.

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

may the G be with you ....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,164 Views)