PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6503 no longer sending signals to custom device after Windows update

I'm using a Dell Optiplex 790 with an NI PCI-6503 card in its PCI slot to send digital signals to a custom bridge. After a recent Windows 10 update, I'm no longer able to control my instrument. In Device Manager, I see that the device driver install (nisdigkw.sys) exited with status 0x0, which I assume means it did not install properly (?). I uninstalled the updates that Windows would allow me to, uninstalled the PCI device in Device Manager (so that it would reinstall on a restart), and restarted everything, to no avail. I cleared my hard drive and installed Windows 8.1 and reinstalled LabView, but I'm still not able to control my instrument (and I'm wondering if I'm missing something silly at this point).

I've attached a screenshot of what I see in NI max; it appears the device is recognized and I successfully created the task I need, but perhaps I'm missing something. We have an old computer in our lab running Windows XP with which I am able to control my instrument, but obviously this is not ideal (other software I use has changed significantly, and XP computers cannot even access our campus network).

Any tips for getting this up and running again? Any guidance would be much appreciated...

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(708 Views)