From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6224 error code -88302 during self test

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm having a problem with self testing my PCI 6224 board in my computer. I am able to run 2 different boards successfully on 2 different computers, but this computer is seeming to give me troubles.

When I open NI MAX to run self test, it gives me an error code -88302 and says issue with connection. I tried unplugging the DAQ to my circuit and running the self test again but got the same error.

How can I further trouble shoot this problem to take my next steps to resolving this?

Thanks,

Brandon Deal

Brandon Deal
RDD Intern
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,580 Views)

Hi Brandon,

It looks like this error is typically caused by a corruption of the DAQmx driver. The two documents that I've linked below address this issue and provide some troubleshooting steps to address the problem. Take a look at them and try out the steps that they recommend.

Why Is My DAQ Device Failing the MAX Self-Test or Generating Errors 88302 and 200486 in SignalExpress?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/19E7993CF8366EED8625764200771C68?OpenDocument

NI PXI-5610 Fails Self-Test in MAX

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/30F9C6802CBEF9F2862570DF0003DC0C?OpenDocument
* This article addresses a different device but the steps are still applicable.

Let me know following these steps solves the problem.

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,537 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply and your advice. I tried trouble shooting using both documents but still recieved the same -88302 error. Is there anything else I should attempt ?

Thanks again for your help,

Brandon Deal
RDD Intern
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,507 Views)

Are you seeing any other unusual behavior from your system, or are you just seeing this error that occurs when you try to run a self test?

Also, is this first time you've used this device, or have you been able to use it successfully in the past without any issues? Has anyone used it before?

If possible, try to connect to the device on a different machine. If it works fine on another machine, then the error's likely due to a software problem on your current machine. If the error still occurs, then there may be a problem with the actual board. Try this test out, and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ryan K.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,469 Views)

Ryan,

My system works fine, it just has a problem running this self test. Which I want to run the self test before I start running any of my software on this machine.

To be honest I just got on this project, and have not used this device yet. However, it was started up 3 years ago, and I'm going to assume it was working then.

I finally got around to switching the DAQ board with a different one. Still have the same error. I'm thinking there is something wrong with my computer I'm using? The DAQ board I replaced the old DAQ with works perfectly fine in the other machine. So I'm going to assume it's a computer problem. Any other trouble shooting problems I could test out at this point? Or is it just best to get a new computer it will work with?

Thanks,

Brandon Deal
RDD Intern
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,167 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bdeal

Yeah, at this point it does sound like a software problem on this particular compute - most likely an issue with DAQmx. What version of DAQmx do you currently have installed? When you were trying the first troubleshooting steps I recommended, did you just repair DAQmx, or did you upgrade to the latest version of the driver? If you just repaired your existing installation, you can try upgrading to DAQmx 9.8 instead. You can download DAQmx 9.8 from the link below.

NI-DAQmx 9.8

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-9.8/4297/en/

You can also try resetting the MAX configuration data. While it is rare for it to happen, the MAX configuration database can become corrupted, which can cause sytem issue like you're seeing. Follow the steps in the document below to reset the configuration data.

What is the Process for Resetting the MAX Database?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

At this point it's probably just a matter of pinpointing which piece of software is malfunctioning/corrupted and repairing/reinstalling it. You can continue trying to do that for this machine, or, if you do have another working machine available, you could switch to that computer - whichever is more convenient for you.

Regards,

Ryan K.
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(6,158 Views)

Thanks for all your help Ryan, I'm going to try these last resort trouble shooting options and I'll reply back how they go!

Brandon Deal
RDD Intern
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,153 Views)