PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI - 6221 useage

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have a device called BOSE electroforce series 3330. It uses NI-PCI 6221 driver to record readings from the load cell using a software called wintest7. I have created an interface in labview which reads the same reading from the load cell. I have to use Wintest7 software to apply load on the load cell and then record the data from load cell into a file using labview. The issue it that when i run the labview and wintest7 simultaneously, wintest7 stops working and provides a garbage value for the load cell. Please provide a solution in which i can use wintest7 and labview at the same time.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,809 Views)

Could you provide more information about the device? 

Is there a way you can tell the two programs are not interfering with one another on the communication channel?

I would also ask why it is necessary to use multiple software platforms to interact with this device? Could you please try accessing the device in NI MAX and creating a test panel to see if you could use LabVIEW to program a load?

It also appears the third party supplies support for their device if that would be beneficial to learn more about their software systems. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,767 Views)

HI,

yes two programs are interfering on communication channel.  We have to use use two software because BOSE machine has another actuator which applies load and then load cell measures the load. I tried using NI Max to program load. Labview shows data and other software also works when labview provides DBL readings but LABVIEW stops the other software when we try to get waveform data.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,758 Views)

Which communication protocol are you using? Is there another way you could communicate with the device? Or would you be able to open up another line?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,745 Views)

NI PCI communication portal is used in my case. I can not use any other communication portal as BOSE machine has inbuilt drivers for this particular function. Moreover I dont wanna mess up the original working of the machine. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,743 Views)

Could you expound upon the communication portal? Is that MAX?

Also, it sounds like the NI portion is properly working with the device. If you are able to talk with the device, and see the device, I am not sure what else you want LabVIEW to do. We don't support the other software, so I can't tell you why it is not working. Will the hardware supplier give you any insight into this?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author swatej

I figured out the Driver cannot communicate with 2 softwares such as Labview and and app from company at the same time.

So, I am using the app from company to get the values from load cell in real time and then comparing my results from other sensor in labview with same real time. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,633 Views)