PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OutputTask Status Code: -223026

I am using channel expansion to setup a number of input channels from a PXI chassis 4461 & 4498 as an InputTask.  As well, I am also settting up the output channels on the 4461 as an OutputTask.  The application is for a burst random where the Input & Output tasks are synchonized with one another.

Both the input & output tasks verify correctly.  However, when I try to collect the input data - which is used as the trigger to start the OutputTask - get some errors.

The first is,

----------------------

A first chance exception of type 'NationalInstruments.DAQmx.DaqException' occurred in NationalInstruments.DAQmx.dll
?ex
{Error=Expression expected. Message="Property must have the same value for all channels on this device.

Property: NationalInstruments.DAQmx.Timing.ReferenceClockSource

Task Name: InputTask

Status Code: -200106"}
_HResult: -2146233087
_message: "Property must have the same value for all channels on this device. Property: NationalInstruments.DAQmx.Timing.ReferenceClockSource Task Name: InputTask Status Code: -200106"
Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
Error: -200106
HelpLink: Nothing
HResult: -2146233087
InnerException: Nothing
IPForWatsonBuckets: 249626407
IsTransient: False
Message: "Property must have the same value for all channels on this device. Property: NationalInstruments.DAQmx.Timing.ReferenceClockSource Task Name: InputTask Status Code: -200106"
RemoteStackTrace: Nothing
Source: "NationalInstruments.DAQmx"
StackTrace: " at nNIMSSAIL100.StatusObserverT<nNIMSSAIL100::ApiTraits<nNIMSSAIL100::DotNetApi> >.CheckWithName(StatusObserverT<nNIMSSAIL100::ApiTraits<nNIMSSAIL100::DotNetApi> >* , tCaseInsensitiveBasicString<unsigned short\,_STL::char_traits<unsigned short>\,_STL::allocator<unsigned short>\,nNIDMXS100::tLocaleConsideringWideStringComparitor\,nNIDMXS100::tLocaleConsideringWideStringCaseForcer>* pName) at nNINETAI2005100.Read2D<class nNIMSSAIL100::ApiTraits<class nNIMSSAIL100::DotNetApi>,class nNIMSSAIL100::AnalogRead,double>(Task task, tNumChannels channels, Int32 samplesPerChannel, tNumLines lines, Double timeout, Boolean interleaved) at NationalInstruments.DAQmx.Internal.AnalogMultiChannelReaderImpl.ReadMultiSample(Int32 samplesPerChannel) at NationalInstruments.DAQmx.AnalogMultiChannelReader.ReadMultiSample(Int32 samplesPerChannel) at Vibrant.Mechanics.Acquisitions.Devices.NationalInstruments44xx.OnStartAcquireFreeRun() in C:\Developer\Vibrant.Mechanics.Acquisitions\Devices\NationalIns
truments44xx.vb:line 638"
TargetSite: {Void nNIMSSAIL100.StatusObserverT<nNIMSSAIL100::ApiTraits<nNIMSSAIL100::DotNetApi> >.CheckWithName(nNIMSSAIL100.StatusObserverT<nNIMSSAIL100::ApiTraits<nNIMSSAIL100::DotNetApi> >*, nNIDMXS100.tCaseInsensitiveBasicString<unsigned short\,_STL::char_traits<unsigned short>\,_STL::allocator<unsigned short>\,nNIDMXS100::tLocaleConsideringWideStringComparitor\,nNIDMXS100::tLocaleConsideringWideStringCaseForcer>*)}
WatsonBuckets: Nothing
?ex.InnerException
Nothing

----------------------

Both the Input & Output tasks use the same sample clock.

The otyher error came out when I attempted the same operation again,

--------------------

"Internal Software Error occurred in DSA software. Please contact National Instruments Support. Task Name: OutputTask Status Code: -223026" {String}
String: "Internal Software Error occurred in DSA software. Please contact National Instruments Support. Task Name: OutputTask Status Code: -223026"

--------------------

I'm not ure what the error codes -200106 or -223026 represent, or why NIDAQmx v9.80f0 is telling me that the reference clock is different betwen input channels of the InputTask.

Of note is that if I do not configure an OutputTask, then acquisition proceeds without error.

Any insight as to what is going on here?  Tests that I might run?

TIA;

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,454 Views)

Is this question posted in the correct forum?  It seems so to me, but there may be a better one - I can't seem to find a list of all the forums available, and I think this is a PXI resource issue related to synchronizing the boards together. (making them behave as a single unit)

Does NI Tech Support read these?

Pat

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,436 Views)

Hello Pat,

The error code is pointing the property timing reference clock source, and according to your description since you are programming a synchronization it makes sense. So you are right in your last post and you should review how you are using that property according to the manual. The documentation for DSA devices point us to the NI Dynamic Signal Acquisition manual (page 2-22).

This should provide you examples:

Synchronizing Dynamic Signal Acquisition (DSA) Products with NI-DAQmx

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,430 Views)