PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a txt file in a real time PXI target

I want to open and read a txt file when targeting to a PXI, running a real time OS. The file is saved in a specific directory of the real time machine. When I run the typical Labview (version 7.1) examples there is alwasys an error message.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,231 Views)
Hello Greece!

First, by opening you mean obtaining a reference to the text file so you can process the data within your LabVIEW application? If that is the case the code is identical to doing it on your non real time target. What error message are you getting. I am guessing you are getting a path error. Be sure that the exists at the path you are specifying on your real time controller.

Be aware you can check the existance of the file by FTPing to your RT Target. Let me know if there is more information I can provide on this topic. Have a great day!

Allan S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,221 Views)
I am trying to accomplish a similar task.  I would like to either:

a) open a file on my RT from my HOST

or

b) open a file on my HOST from my RT

Is this possible?

Thanks.

-Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,054 Views)
Hi Matt,

I hope you're doing well.  To be able to open files on the host from the RT target or vice-versa, you most likely will need to FTP the files back and forth between the two.  You need to have the files local on either machine to be able to edit or view them, and FTP is the simplest way to do so.  You can connect to your RT target via any standard FTP utility as discussed in this KnowledgeBase article.  I hope this is helpful.  Let us know if you have any additional questions though.

Thaison V
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,040 Views)