cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal operation of PXIe-2526 - All switches set to open

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

super basic question but I've just spent an hour on the website....

Can I set the PXIe-2526 so that all 158 channels are closed, i.e. send 3V in and split it into 158 outputs at the same time?

Thanks,

SimFred

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,344 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SimFred

SimFred,

I tried simulating a PXIe-2527 and a PXIe-2501 in NI MAX to see if this can be done.

It appears that if a card is a multiplexed card (such as your 2526), the driver prevents you from connecting more than one input at a time.

However, a matrix card, such as the 2501, can be used in a mux topology. In this configuration, it appears that any number of inputs can be connected, resulting in each channel being connected.

So based on what I'm seeing, this would not be a supported configuration on a 2526, though the 2501 may be able to do this.

VanCamp

Message 2 of 3
(2,318 Views)

Hi VanCamp,

thank you for taking the time to create a simluation! I wonder if it is just a driver problem or the device can't get enough current to flip all the switches at once...

For the same amount of channels the price point on the matrix cards is a factor of five higher... It woud be cheaper to go to two PXI-2569 (array of relays) and some wiring.

Cheers,

SimFred

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,314 Views)