PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LED's lit on remote controller PCIe-8381

Hi,

Looking for help and insight.  Having trouble getting started with brand new PXI remote controller (8381).  Using HP-Z420 workstation and NI-1075 chassis.  Tried many things.  No luck yet.

Problem: Can't establish link to chassis.  PXIe-8381 front panel LED is amber.  Back side LED's (column of six) all blinking as expected EXCEPT for #2 (see Figure 2.5 in manual).  So far, makes sense.

However, at no time do either of the LED's on the PCIe-8381 light up at all.  Always totally dark.  Might this indicate problem hardware?

If not, I can describe my troubleshooting steps so far...just thought I'd start with the LED's.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,594 Views)

LEDs being off on the PCIe-8381 means that it's not getting power.  The PXIe-8381 is (correctly) reporting that it's not linked, since the card it would be linked with isn't on.  Probably your only option is to try a different slot, but I'm suspicious that maybe the PCIe-8381 is bad.

robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,587 Views)

Thanks Robert.  I have to agree.  I have tried multiple known good working slots with the same result.

I'll put in for an RMA.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,574 Views)