PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni pxi 5122 stays idle after acq arm (start) trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to do continuous acquisition on a 5122 but also only start after a trigger.  The only way i've figured this to work is if i leave the scope idle and have it go active on trigger (which is what the acq arm is supposed to do).

Configuring the fetch_relative_to attr to trigger allows me to wait for a trigger, but prevents continuous acquisition because the fetch call will always call from the same spot.  For this reason i need to set the attr to read pointer, but then fetch will return pretrigger samples, so i want to stay idle until trigger.

The problem is that the scope is staying idle even after configuring acq arm and triggering on that configuration, am I understanding its functionality incorrectly?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,767 Views)

Hi @JoeSchmoe,

Have you checked out this help resource on Acquiring Data Continuously with our scopes?

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,727 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JoeSchmoe

Yes,

I have solved my problem, actually.  I tried to use the acq arm start trigger as a replacement for initiate acquisition (assuming the purpose of initiate was to go from idle to active pre-trigger).  As it turns out, the proper way is instead to configure your acq arm source, then call initiate acquisition, your scope will remain idle until the trigger is sent.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,724 Views)