PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need win2000 recovery discs for PXI-8175 controller

Hello All,
              Basically I need a fresh install of win2000 on an older Sensible Solutions PXIT 14 slot rack I have been asked to develop some tests on. I cannot find a complete set of the win2000 recovery discs supplied with the controller ( IT have 1 CD only, I understand its disc 1).

We have a working NT image on DVD but need to run teststand (win2000), so the options are limited to win2000.

I can provide chassis ser no.

Help apprieciated.

Regards

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,932 Views)
Hi,
  the recovery CDs are specific to the controller.
If this is the 8175 that you've said on the other post here :

then that's what you need to ask someone for.
The recovery CDs aren't made anymore, so we cannot provide you with one unfortunately.

Since you're changeing the OS from the shipped Windows NT one, then the licenseing that Mircosoft have would also be attached to the recovery CD.

The best source of information we have is here :

You can install the drivers for the supported peripherals by installing them from your restoration CD (Windows 9x/NT/2000 & Peripherals Drivers for Embedded Controllers) or by visiting the "PXI/VME/VXI Peripheral Configuration" Web support page (linked below). From this page, click on the controller you are restoring (8171/0 is for the series). Once you have the correct controller, click on the green checked boxes to locate a specific driver for a peripheral.
http://www.ni.com/support/vxi/vxi_perph.htm

Hope that helps

Thanks

Sacha Emery
National Instruments (UK)

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,920 Views)
For more information, see the KB here: Why Didn't I Receive a Windows 2000/NT Recovery Disk with My PXI or VXI Controller?

This provides the explanation of why Windows 2000 recovery CDs cannot be provided anymore.

-Adam U.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,916 Views)