PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need cntrller.ini for PXI Chassis

I need to configure an RT for use with my VXI system. My VXI embedded controller seems to be missing this file. Any help?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,606 Views)
Hitman,

I am a bit confused by your question. In your post you mention both a PXI and a VXI chassis. Could you please post some additional details of what you are trying accomplish. In addition please also clarify which chassis type you are using and please also include a model number.

With that additional information I believe that this forum will be better equipped to help you to resolve any trouble that you are having.

Regards,
Jed R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,604 Views)

I also have a similar problem. I'm trying to connect a PXI-1036 device and when I'm looking to identify the PXI Bridge I don't find the PXI-8331. So I'm looking in others and it ask me to give cntrller.ini and I dont find that file. The LEDs of PWR and LNK are green and the TX is yellow, the RX is not lighted.

I hope the information given is clear.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,381 Views)
Hi NANOBOU,

I'm not 100% clear on what you are doing when it asks for that file.  Do you have any hardware installed in the PXI-1036?  If so, what is it?  It's possible that getting the latest drivers will update MAX and possibly fix the problem.

In the meantime, please check out our MXI Troubleshooting guide.  Some of these hints might help:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/484f81e6570ad803862569ed007aaa41
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/61B9E985DC3025BD862569EB00718360?OpenDocument

Thanks,
mike
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,365 Views)
Thank you very much to reply. Fortunatly or...unfortunalety for our discussion, I have completed the installation. I only rebooted the pc and windows has detected new devices, and asked me the drivers, and the installation is ok. I dont understand what was the problem with the ctrller.ini file but there is no problem with that Smiley Tongue

Thank you very much Berto, see you later Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,356 Views)