From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Pxie-8135 HARDWARE PROBLEM

Good morning to everyone.

I have one big problem with a Pxie-8135 installed in a rack Pxi PXIe-1085.

The system is composed by Pxie-8135 and a lot of I/O boards. (PXI-2565 - PXI-6509 - PXI-6512- ecc.)

When i switch on the system start for a few seconds and after go shut down with a red blinking of the three anterior LEDS.

If i remove the Pxie-8135 the system power on correctly but unusable.

I have changed the Battery CR2032 on the board and tried to clear CMOS but the problem is not resolved.

Have you got some ideas?

Thank's a lot.

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,206 Views)

This is a follow up to the post above. A few days after opening this thread, the customer opened a service request at NI to request a repair. In fact, everything suggests that the controller has failed and must be repaired. The table below, taken from the chassis user manual, describes the front panel LED states.

states.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,160 Views)

Hello David, 

I have exactly the same issue, friday all was alright and monday morning this issue... I tried with another controller and same issue. May it's the chassis 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,107 Views)

Hello Alamanna, 

I tought controller was the problem but with another one same issue. May controller see something wrong with the chassis and shutdown power supply.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,106 Views)

Did you guys find the solution for this, i have the same issue with my PXI3-8135

@Corback wrote:

Hello Alamanna, 

I tought controller was the problem but with another one same issue. May controller see something wrong with the chassis and shutdown power supply.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,749 Views)

Hello All,

I'm having an issue where I lose connection to my DAQ, and the system reboots (due to "system error" that's being reported on the screen). We remote in over the network but I've tested it directly taking the network out of the equation. How can I further diagnose the occurring issue? The issue occurs around 1.5 hrs of collecting data. 

I've tried NI Max evaluate the problem but no problems are found. All front panel LED indicators show nominal. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,067 Views)