PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXIe-5160 (2CH): Error -223400 occurred at niScope Initiate Acquisition.vi:4910001

Hi all,

This morning when I was using the scope as I have for the past 6 months (I use it as an oscilloscope to record mass spectra). I turned away for approximately 10 seconds and I then found that there was no signal at all from the scope. I then switched off the LabVIEW program I was using and attempted to look up the scope in NI MAX. The scope was in NI MAX and I was able to reset and perform a self-test. I then unplugged the signal and trigger cables from the scope and attempted to perform a calibration which failed with the following error:
The device could not be calibrated.
Status Code: -224229
Internal Software Error occurred in Scopes software. Please contact National Instruments Support.
I then switched off the scope by holding down the power button. I then restarted both the controller PC and the scope chassis. I then attempted to start my control program again and I now get the following error:
Error -223400 occurred at niScope Initiate Acquisition.vi:4910001
Possible reason(s):
Internal Software Error occurred in Scopes software. Please contact National Instruments Support.

Component Name: nihsdrk
File Name: ments\highSpeedDigitizers\hsd\driver\trunk\20.0\source\topazBase\tTopazADCPhaseParityCalibration.cpp
Line Number: 458

Source:
unknown (0): ???

Status Code: -223400

I have been unable to find any technical support regarding this error on the forums and I cannot fix it myself. Has anyone else seen this problem before and if so how should I go about troubleshooting it? 

Thanks for any help in advance! 

Hypersoar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(900 Views)

I've seen internal software error on other types of PXI instruments but the solution was one, send to NI for repair or replacement.

From my understanding, the error states that something on the firmware on instrument is messed up.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(850 Views)

Hello,

If the troubleshooting steps from this NI SCOPE Card Fails Self Test with Internal Hardware Error KB doesn't work then the device should be sent for repair.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(784 Views)