PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXIe 1085 trigger bridges

Hi, all 

I develop a system based on the PXIe-1085 chassis which is filled by PXie-5170R modules. 

The chassis has three PXI Trigger bridges for modules communication. Bridges could be opened in any direction from NI MAX. 

RM11_0-1623932497364.png

1) Could I close bridges somehow? I need modules communication inside the Trigger Bus without interfering with other buses. In other words, I need that Trigger Buses work separately from each other.

2) I suppose the answer to the first question is "No". So, maybe is there a way how to dynamically change the writers to the PXI line from FPGA code?  I mean, that is one listener in the chassis (Slot #2 for example) and all bridges opened to the first bus. And every module independently set up the flag in the same trigger line by some event for two FPGA cycles.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(913 Views)

As long as you did not configure any trigger routes, all trigger segments are independent of each other. Only when you configure trigger routes between instruments, these bridges are configured to make a connection between trigger bus segments based on the source and destination.

If you want instruments within the same trigger bus to share triggers, you don't need to do anything in terms of configuring the bridges (assuming no trigger routes were already configured).

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(891 Views)

Big thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(856 Views)