PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXIe-1085 and PCIe-8361 is not being detected in NI MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

I built 2 sets of PC with PCIe 8361 card work with NI PXIe-ExpressCard8360  and chassis 1085. First set works fine, the second set has problems as listed:

• PCIe 8361 can’t be found in NI MAX (it shows on the first computer), didn’t see it in Windows Device Manager either.
  • Same NI software and drivers installed on the second computer.
  • I had 3 PCIe 8361 cards, I tried all of them, all behave the same.
  • I plug into x16 slots.
  • PCIe 8361 card two LED lights are ON.
  • MXI cable works fine, I tested with first good set
  • PC is Dell MT 3620 with Windows 7.

Still not able to find PCIe8361 and NI PXIe-1085 in NI MAX. I believe NI PXIe-1085 can't be found in NI MAX is because PCIe 8361 is not communication through MXI cable. I've read this post

https://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/PCIe-8361-is-not-being-detected-in-new-computer-Gigabyte-GA-Z97/td-p/30...

Not able to make mine work.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,228 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author llx

hi llx 

This is the troubleshooting guide for the MXI connection

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/53268/en/

You may check that the services are running, or maybe it was associated to a different driver in the Windows Device Manager, also you could check if the installation on the second system went well in the InstallationSummarylog.xml file of the NI MAX technical support report

If it still does not work, call NI support, it could be something with the motherboard of the pc even

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,194 Views)

niarena, thanks for the help.

I update the MXI BIOS compatibility software, now everything works.

I didn't do this step when I built the first set. Now I realized that even computers with same build might have different BIOS configuration.

Message 3 of 4
(4,184 Views)

that's great llx! 

and yeah, the mxi connection can get a bit tricky

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,179 Views)