From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI-ExpressCard8360 and PCI Express Cable

Hello,

i wonder if there's a solution to extend (5 meters or more) the connection between a laptop and it's given docking-station?

My current hardware config is:
Acer Travelmate C312XMI Tablet-PC, Acer ezDock Docking-Station

The Acer specs says, that the docking-station is connected to the laptop by a PCI-E signal via cable. It communicates with the system by a connector with 124 pins. 120 signal pins and 4 power pins. That's all i found out about the connection. I don't know if this kind of port is a given standard or if it's Acer-Only specific. I'm less a technical expert in electronics than more an end user. After loads of internet research with no usable results and also no answers from Acer's support team or forums, i really hope you guys can help me with this issue.

On the National Instruments site i've found the NI PXI-ExpressCard8360, which provides a PCI Express link up to !!7!! meters. Such a link cable would exactly fit my needs. So i wonder if this cable could be used as a bridge between the laptop and the dock? Would it fit inside the Acer port or are there any other connectors/cables required/available?

I would be really lucky if anyone here could answer my question, as i think that only support from technical experts could bring out a solution for my problem.

By the way, here's a link to the Acer ezDock specs

Best regards,
Frank
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,223 Views)
The NI PXI-Express Card 8360 is a Express Card for Laptops, to connect PXI-Chassis to the Laptop. You can not use this interface to connect your Laptop to a Docking Station.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,210 Views)