PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI-7852R shows up as PCI Device "PXI16::13::INSTR" in NI MAX

I am trying to use an NI PXI-7852R with LabVIEW, but it was unable to communicate because it hadn't been configured properly in NI MAX. When opening NI MAX, it finds the chassis I'm using (NI PXIe-1062Q) but instead of seeing NI PXI-7852R it sees PCI Device "PXI16::13::INSTR." Everything was working fine a few days ago; I'm not sure what went wrong. I already tried rebooting the chassis and the computer. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,250 Views)

Hi whettel,

I could think of drivers if this is the case. Make sure you have all the necessary drivers for this card.

Are you able to add the FPGA target to a project in LabVIEW? Maybe the problem is only in MAX so you can try something like resetting MAX's databases

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

Try also a different slot in the chassis.

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,217 Views)

Hi PedroR,

All of the drivers are up to date and I tried every port. I switched the FPGA and controller to a different chassis and it worked, so there is something wrong with the chassis. Thanks for your suggestions though!

Best,

whettel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,214 Views)

Hi,

I understand, if you consider that the chassis has a hardware failure, create a support Service Request for troubleshooting/repairing.

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,210 Views)