PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI 5411 module does not show up in device manager with PXI 8106 on XP Pro SP3 32-bit

Hello everyone,

My module NI PXI 5411 signal generator does not show up in NI MAX and in Device Manager. The Lock led is always unlit and the Access led is lit in either orange or green in function of the slot I put it in (3 = green, all others = orange). I use a NI PXI 8106 controller.

Tried to install the NI FGEN 15.0 but since the device does not show up in device manager I can't do much. Even tried to plug it in while the PXI chassis was powered and XP Pro SP3 32-bit was running but no new hardware was found.

Are there things to try in the PXI Bios settings or things to measure on the PXI module to know if the module is working or not ?

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(754 Views)

Hello,

First of all, it is important to note that the PXI platform is not hotswitchable. Taking out or putting in the modules while the chassis is running might damage the hardware.

Regarding the issue, I wonder how or after what it showed up?

The best way is to open a service request and have diagnostics, maybe hardware needs repair.

(715 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, but I suppose this service would cost me money ? Can we get a diagnostic for free and then decide to repair it or not according to the price ?

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(707 Views)

I think even the diagnostics is going to cost you money, you have to send this to NI by raising an RMA request.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x20QCAQ&l=en-US

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/services/hardware/repair-replacement-services/hardware-repair-policies...

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 5
(702 Views)

Hello All,

Santo 13 is right.

Additionally, the diagnostics are free.

(691 Views)