From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCIe-8361

I just purchased a NI PCIe-8361 card and need assistance gaining control of my data acquisition system. 

History:  I have been running National Instruments hardware controlled by LabView software for the past 15 years.  My platform is a NI PXI-1042 chassis with a NI PXI-8186 controller.  I have two counter/timer PXI boards and an oscilloscope module as well.  The platform has remained stable for years, however, there have been a few computer crashes recently.  So, assuming that the 8186 controller was going bad, I purchased the PCIe-8361 card with the hope of using a PC to control my data acquisition system.  I installed the 8361 card into a 64 bit Windows 10 tower, loaded the drivers from CDs that came with my original purchase, and attempted to run my data acquisition LabView program.  It appears that the drivers are not driving my PXI modules. 

I assume that Windows 10 and a 64 bit processor is the cause of my problems.  However, any guidance that can be provided to expedite possible solutions is most appreciated.  Currently, my research program has screamed to an unbearable halt... 

-Darrin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,881 Views)

Hello,

What versions of the drivers are you using? Can you see the chassis and modules listed in NI MAX?

Niki Budgell | Product Planner - SW Management | NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,855 Views)