PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX identifies incorrect chassis

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PXIe-8133 controller (Windows 10) installed in a PXI-1078 chassis; the chassis is full of assorted cards (timing, FGEN and DAQ) When this controller was initially setup, it was installed in a PXI-1071 chassis, and NI-MAX still identifies that that chassis as being installed. As a result (assumption), none of my cards show up under the chassis, though they do show up at the same level as the chassis. The only items shown under the chassis are the controller and the GPIB port. How can I reset my NI services so that they will read the new controller/cards?

I have tried:

* NI-MAX Refresh

* Re-installing drivers (VISA, DAQmx, etc)

* Resetting Configuration Data (from NI-MAX)

* Deleting the Data folder

The pxisys.ini file contains the same configuration information as NI-MAX (of course). Is deleting that file an option?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(961 Views)

I have read another article that NI support suggested deleting pxisys.ini to reset the PXI configuration detected by NI MAX.

Please refer to these articles on pxisys.ini file usage,

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/10/configuring-your-pxi-system-in-legacy...

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8vBSAS&l=en-US

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(931 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tjh286

Thank you for your reply! The solution ended up being to 

1) Add a chassis in NI-MAX (PXIe-1078 was autodetected)

2) Delete the new chassis

Now I've got 1 chassis with the correct cards in it. Success!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(909 Views)