cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI BIOS Compatibility

Hello Everybody.

Description:  

Two Chassis both 1075.

One of the contain the controller  PXIe 8133  window 7.

The other one contain the MXI card 8370 (to connect between the Two chassis).

The Whole system was working in a good way and there was no problem

Then Suddenly 

The Problem: 

The controller PXIe 8133 is not recognizing the MXI card 8370. 

All the devices in the NI MAX configuration are presenting Except the MXI card 8370. but they have been totally messed up.

I mean by they messed, up they are not arranged in the same way as before. There were two chassis and under chassis one you would see all the devices belong to that chassis, and the same for the other chassis as shown in the attached picture 1. while after the problem happened the chassis disappeared and the devices belong to it are mixed with the devices of the other chassis as shown in the attached picture 2.

Ok, I been in contact with the NI support and they all been  very very helpfull, I would thank them Roberto and Jack. and we end up with sending the MXI card for repair. 

My question just before I send it, Is there any think with this problem related to the BIOS Compatibility, knowing that the system was working for more than three years with the same controller and with the same configuration. 

Many Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,119 Views)

My question just before I send it, Is there any think with this problem related to the BIOS Compatibility, knowing that the system was working for more than three years with the same controller and with the same configuration.

A BIOS compatibility issue wouldn't just come out of nowhere, unless you had done something to trigger it, like updating the BIOS.

What serial number is the working chassis reporting after the error occurs?  (it should show up in MAX, unless the PXI Platform Services software you're using is too old).  I'm asking because the module location is based on a combination of chassis serial number and slot number, so if somehow the SN is misreported such that both chassis are the same, that might cause such a problem.

Update: Thinking about this more, I think the remote controller having failed does make sense.  Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,085 Views)