PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 573x Instrument Driver.lvlib:NI 573x Open Session.vi crashes LabVIEW

Hello,

Installed FIDL 1.3.4 and the NI-573xR Example Instrument Driver (which was supposedly for FIDL 1.1)

I tried to open NI 573x Instrument Driver.lvlib:NI 573x Open Session.vi, and LabVIEW crashes immediately. Has anyone else encountered this?

Tested on two different machines: Windows 7 64-bit, as well as Windows 8.1 64-bit. But were running LabVIEW 2014 32-bit.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,488 Views)

I was able to launch the NI 573x Instrument Driver.lvlib:NI 573x Open Session.vi without crashing but I did it from LV 2011. I'll see if I can reproduce the behavior you observed in 2014 since we'll want to know why its crashing. 

Anyway, the 573xR Example Instrument Driver examples require FIDL 1.1 to work properly, which you should only be using if you are locked into LV 2011 or LV 2012. If you are able to upgrade to LV 2013 or 2014 then you should be using FIDL 1.3.4 which automatically installs examples that can be accessed from the start menu. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,475 Views)

Thanks Dave, I didn't realize the examples were no longer necessary. The video at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15799 still instructs users to install FIDL first, and then install the examples. I see that you've updated download instructions, but I think it's helpful to annotate the video too. YouTube lets you overlay comments on video segments.

I'm guessing the crash happened because old VIs got linked to new (incompatible) VIs when I had both versions installed into the same location. I remember that LabVIEW couldn't find some subVIs (like <instrlib>:\FlexRIO\Libraries\Acquisition Engine\Host\acqEngineMultiChannelFetch.vi) when I opened the examples, and I had to manually browse to them.

It looks like the library has been restructured recently, and NI 573x Instrument Driver.lvlib is no longer a part of it. Is that correct?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,455 Views)

It looks like the library has been restructured recently, and NI 573x Instrument Driver.lvlib is no longer a part of it. Is that correct?

Yea we reorganized into a single FIDL Configuration.lvlib instead of having seperate FAM specific libraries.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,443 Views)