PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PXI-4132 has stopped outputting voltage

I have an NI PXIe-1073 chassis with an NI PXI-4132 card installed.

I had the system turned off over the weekend & started it up to do some linearity measurements on an ADC  yesterday. As usual, I was going to do a quick check of my setup by using the NI DC-power soft front panel to output some dc voltages & check that the data converter was giving ball park correct codes before I started a vi to sweep the input voltage & collect real data.

I started MAX(measurement & automation explorer) & it told me that my card passed self test. Then I ran the test panel & tried to force 4V at the DUT, but my scope showed 75mV.

I removed all the cabling & measured again at the front connector. All the lights on the front were green & the scope was set to 1MΩ input termination, but again I got no voltage on any pin of the 4132. I was expecting it to come out on “HI”.  Then I checked “Sense HI” & then all of the pins, but no voltage. The scope ground is connected through a banana lead to the chassis ground on the front of the card. I measured my HP 1.8V power supply & got 1.8V on the scope.

I rebooted the chassis & the pc 3 times each , with the same result. What  might I be doing wrong? Is there a vi I could run to reset everyting? I have reset the card with MAX.

I have had this unit for 3 years & I don't think it has ever done this before.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,886 Views)

Hello Bob,

You can try to self-calibrate your device (In MAX, right click the device and select Self-Calibrate). If there is something wrong with the hardware then the calibration is going to fail. Please document the result if there is any error. Please remember to disconnect all the cabling previous to the calibration.

What is the value read in the front panel for voltage and current after you enable the output? Are you working with the Local or Sense measurement mode? Please connect your oscilloscope to terminals C and F (refer to picture 7 on the link below) and configure the test panel to Local Sense, what is the value read on your oscilloscope?

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375128b.pdf

Regards,

MCOTO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,867 Views)