PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim in real time FPGA

Hi All,

I am trying to co-simulate a multisim file into Labview.
Its working but the moment I select that VI to run in real time FPGA , everything codded in labview works but the multisim block stops talking to my PXI.
I do not understand why is this happening. Can anyone help me.

Regards,

A.A.K

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,127 Views)

Hi A.A.K,

Can you send us your files. It you do not want to share them on the forum, you can go to www.ni.com/ask and create a Service Request.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,113 Views)

Hi Tayyab!!

Files are attached. Its simple PWM genration from multisim called in VI.

Tell me if co-simulation does not support FPGA at all, because the multisim block always stops running whenever i connect to FPGA (PXI-7813).

Thanks,

AAK.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,105 Views)

Hi A.A.K,

The Multisim co-simulation is intended to help you simulate the circuitry for your system but it is not possible to add this on the real time target device(PXI in this case). You can still test along side your FPGA code on your computer and test the system but it can't be launched into target devices.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,092 Views)

Here are a couple of useful links you can look at. In general, you can use co-simulation with IP FPGA nodes.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,089 Views)

Thanks Tayyab !

I think I need to start coding  myself.

AAK.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,072 Views)

Hi Tayyab !

For now i have started with NI SoftMotion and there I found the Space Vector Modulation block for two-level converter. 

For my system I need a SVM for three-level converter for which i am trying to modify that already built-in SVM block. 
But the problem is whenever i make a change in any block diagram and see the result it needs to compiled every time which is really time consuming. 
I also tried to run this block on real time hardware but it only works with FPGA device.

Can you please device me a short way of editing and checking this block. Moreover, do NI offers any assistance with three-level converter topology.

Thanks,
AAK. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,001 Views)