PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-chassis synchronisation

I am trying to spec up a system with three or four PXI chassis, with a single RT controller connected together by MXI daisy-chains.  I'm aware that the MXI connection doesn't distribute the clocks and triggers.  

The system is a sort of HIL test, so there are various injection points and signals from the HIL that I need to read back.  What I'm trying to work out is what I need to do, if anything, about synchronisation.  My current options seems to be:

• Try to synchronise everything up at the start of a test (tests are order of minutes) and then assume the clocks don't drift too much
  • Use synchronisation cards to sync across all the chassis - this looks preferable, if more expensive.

The problem is, I can't find much information on how this all hangs together in practice - what cables do I need to run around the test rig?  Is it a daisy-chain or a star from a master card?  Do I need equal length cables?  

I've found some very old descriptions with very old, unavailable cards (dating back to 2002) but wondered if there is more up-to-date guidance relevant for current kit?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,809 Views)

Ever get an answer? I'm wrangling with a similar problem myself.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/PXIe-multiple-chassis-triggering-with-6674T-and-no-TClk/td-p/3893457 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,678 Views)