PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving files out of the PXI trivial

We have a NI PXI-8184 that boots up with no windows and runs the labviw exe.

Test data is saved to the PXI and every few months we back up/move the test data to another location on the network using Measurement Automation Remote systems file transfer tool.

with great success

We also with great success used 3rd parties ftp tools to move the data ..we go thru the network  Ip address.

The problem..

We've had some huge orders and have been testings more product.

Ive tried to access the data and cant because the tools that usually work don't the error on both is a time out error.

I can access many directory's within the  hard drive but when i get the the actual folder i get the time out message.  Im trying to look at this outside the box and say its a hard drive and i just want to back up the data and delete the original.

ive had success with using the mget within the ftp in the cmd shell and had to click yes on moving over 3000 files thats alot of clicks lol

can any one diagnose the timeout issue is still need to delete the files.

thanx in advcance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,055 Views)

If you are getting timeout errors and have succesfully done so with the previous methods does it sounds like network issues? Changes in firewall, ports, etc. You could use Wireshark but I imagine you could know if there was a recent change

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,022 Views)