From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard PCI resource allocation issues with PXI controllers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am assembling a test system with a PXI-PCIe8361 controller and a PXI-1042 chassis.  Several years ago there were know issues with some motherboards regarding PCI resource allocation.  I have looked around and have only been able to find older posts and lists of recommended motherboards.  It seems that ASUS is a manufacturer to avoid while Abit and Gigabyte function well.  Is there a more up to date list of recommended motherboards or manufacturers?  Is this even an issue with newer motherboards?

Any information will be appreciated,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,414 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nhonold

Hi Nick,

PCI resource allocation issues are substantially less common with newer motherboards/BIOS's. In situations where this issue still occurs a BIOS update usually solves the issue. The best advice I can give if your are buying a new computer for a MXI connection is to go with a PC and not laptop, which you are.

These issue are rare enough that we don't maintain a list of suggested manufactures, if you encounter any issues you can call us at 1-866-ASK-MYNI, and we would be happy to help.

Thanks

Scott M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,381 Views)
Thanks for the help Scott.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,377 Views)