From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing devices in DAQmx dropdown

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use the external SMB trigger on my PXI controller as illustrated in:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019Uu6SAE

But I don't see my controller listed in the dropdown menu for available devices. 

I checked the support for both my chassis as well as the controller with PXI Platform Services version and they show as compatible. It shows up fine in NI Max so I don't know what the problem is.

Is there a way to "refresh" the list of devices that LabView thinks are available?

Help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,255 Views)

It looks like you have to type it in and not automatically listed down.

santo_13_0-1605983703431.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,218 Views)

I tried this but I get an error: "No device by the given name was found"

Lab_NI_Box.png

I can't update the problem description to reflect this

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,200 Views)

Can you send in the code your using or a screen shot of the block diagram where the connection is being made? Also, can you send in a MAX Tech report? I'd like to look at how the connection is being made in LabVIEW as well as the naming and hardware of the devices being used.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,189 Views)

I am attaching the MAX tech report as well as a screenshot of the way the connection in made in the VI in question. The source code is also included in the zip file for the MAX report.

danzilla_0-1606244563550.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,182 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author danzilla

I was able to connect with NI support and got a resolution to my issue. Somehow the MAX configuration database got out of whack. I was able to see all the devices in the system after a configuration reset. 

Lab_NI_Box.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,173 Views)