PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging PXIe-4162 channels

Hi, 

I'm building an automated test system and I want to use the channels of PXIe-4162 in such a way that I can combine some of them to increase the possible current (A) that can be handled from the DUT pins. Based on one of the TSM VI templates (picture attached), it looks like two channels can be merged. It would be beneficial to know whether more than two channels can be combined, will this be possible? Or maybe due to some configuration restrictions of the module, this might not be possible.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,059 Views)

You can merge multiple 4162 channels for increasing the current capability. Please refer NI's whitepaper on merging SMU channels.

The attached image in your post looks good as long as one of the merged channels is disconnected and you have handled the sessions array appropriately not to turn ON a different channel as the one intended.

Note: All current measurements and voltage measurements from merged channels needs to be handled on the software side (if all merged channels are active at the same time)

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,009 Views)