PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Number of compiled instructions in loop

This what I get as error when I do add wave forms to file list, append all to a script string, and then do a execute the script. Please let me know if there is limit. I could not find in help.

Too many compiled instructions in loop.  "Generate" and "Wait" instructions each result in at least one compiled instruction.  Each marker adds an additional compiled instruction.  Clear instruction does not result in a compiled instruction.

If possible, reduce the number of generate instructions by concatenating the waveforms on two or more consecutive generate instructions.

Line Number: 2
Position in Line: 1
Number of Instructions: 200
Maximum Number of Instructions: 47
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,293 Views)

Hi Aranjany,

The limit will depend on the hardware that you use and the amount of onboard memory it has. Can you tell me what is the NI model number of the function generator that you use?

Also what is the error code you are getting in your VI? What is the version of LabVIEW that you are using and the NI FGEN driver? It looks like in your case Maximum Number of Instructions = 47.

How many waveforms does waveform array contain and how many points does each waveform consist of?

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,280 Views)

Thanks for the information.

I will have to check for the details you asked.

Meantime, Is there any API that will provide this Limit ?

(Like niRFSG_QueryArbWaveformCapabilities provides the max number of wavefors, I was looking for an API that provide the Limit info)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,278 Views)

The following VI will give you Maximum Loop Count (maximum number of times the signal generator can repeat an arbitrary waveform in a sequence): niFgen Query Arb Sequence Capabilities

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,266 Views)