PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Devices and Interfaces hangs

My NI Max is not working.  It hangs when I click on devices and interfaces and indicates "Searching..".

This system has not changed at all and has been running fine for over a year.  I also have an identical system that is running just fine.

I've tried Resetting the configuration data, repair installation on ni max, repair installation on ni-daq, repair installation on ni services, reinstalling drivers.  When I imported my saved ni max configuration, I initially got the error shown in the attached file.  I went to the ni website and entered the code and got the message "Error, you are not authorized to view this document"

I can run the instruments from LabVIEW and TestStand and access soft panels from LabVIEW, it's just running ni max that is the problem.

NI Max ver 17.5

LabVIEW 2016

TestStand 2016

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,376 Views)

Hi OregonGumby -

Have you tried looking at this knowledge article which includes MXI device troubleshooting in NIMAX? : https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P6SlSAK

I would go through and try the steps within the article and see if you're able to view your device. 

Are you able to see your devices in Windows Device Manager?

What HW are you using and trying to detect?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,330 Views)

similar problem.  when trying to import a configuration.nce file the program hangs in the import vi until the web  browser opens a HTML file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,315 Views)