From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MXI-USB converter

The company that i work for bought a PXIe-1073 chassis, and it only provides a MXI-Express port.

Unfortunately, I can't control it from my PC because it doesn't have any PCI / PCIe ports, it supports only USB2.0 and USB3.0 ports.

So, is there any mean so i could control the chassis correctly using some sort of MXI-USB adaptor?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(829 Views)

There is no MXI to USB adapter that will work (that I know of). 

The PXI hardware is basically an extension of the PCIe bus and needs to communicate across said PCIe bus. It also needs to be recognized by the computer at boot.

If you had a different chassis and thunderbolt ports on the computer, you could use the PXIe-8301 which provides communication over Thunderbolt. With the PXIe-1073 chassis, though, your options are limited to either the PCIe-8361 or PCIe-8362. If you have an Expresscard slot, we used to sell an 8360Expresscard, but these are EOL now (making way for Thunderbolt connections).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(813 Views)