PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIG hardware error. Or not?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PXI-5406 that was moved to a PXI-1033. Installed and worked fine.

But once the PXI-1033 box was de-powered by misstake, while the PC was still running and when the PXI-1033 was re-started, the PXI-5406 was not available from the FGEN panel and was giving a MIG hardware error when diagnosed by MAX.

Rebooting still gave the same problem. Moving it to another mainframe, same problem. Rebooting, removig some obsolete MAX instrument entries, rebooting again. 

Now the PXI-5406 is detected and OK, passing all tests! Moving back to the PXI-1033, still all OK.

Sorry I did not keep the MAX error codes (available in some log? Tips on where/what to search?)

So, what is the MIG error, and what is a "proper" cure? Was it caused by the power-off?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,876 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author janaf

Hi Janaf

A MIG error can mean a lot of different things, but is normally pretty serious.

The "proper" cure actually involves all of the steps you took, with the final step (which you thankfully avoided) being an RMA of the card.

I can only speculate, but the power off is the most likely culprit. If this problem returns contact your local NI support and supply them with the error codes you get.

Best Regards

David

NISW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,869 Views)
Thanks, will keep fingers off the switch. Don't want any serious MIG around here Smiley Indifferent
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,859 Views)