From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX wont recognize PXI-8360

Hi all,

Currently working with NI PXI-1042 chassis with a PXI-8360.  I have a green light for power and link, but the board nor the chassis is recognized in MAX. I downloaded the PXI platform services 15.0 package, but have had no luck. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,

Matt

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,091 Views)

Hello matt198717

Just be completely sure. You could not see the other cards into the chassis, right? Or you could not see the controller MXI (8360)? Have your tried to install the DAQmx Driver and restart your computer. On the other hand remember that is pretty important turn on your PXI first and after that turn on the computer.

Regards

Message 2 of 4
(4,075 Views)

@David22JRA wrote:

Hello @Wolleee

Just be completely sure. You could not see the other cards into the chassis, right? Or you could not see the controller MXI (8360)? Have your tried to install the DAQmx Driver and restart your computer. On the other hand remember that is pretty important turn on your PXI first and after that turn on the computer.

Regards

Thank you for the reply David,

Actually the problem was that tiny little dip switch on the PCI express board that you install into your PC.  Normally it probably wouldnt be an issue, but i inherited the chassis from someone who apparently turned on the first switch for the Bios compatability issue.  I had to slow down and really read through those manuals and start from ground zero.  I reset the switch and all is good.  Smiley Very Happy

But thank you for your help.

Matt

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,071 Views)

That is great. I am glad to hear that everything is fine now.

Smiley Happy

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,040 Views)