From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX and Soft Panels no longer detect hardware on what was a working ATE

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an ATE manufactured from another company and this ATE has been running fine for 2 years.

Came to turn on the ATE and the test software does not work and is complaining that it can't detect the DMM.

So through process of elimination i did the following.

• Run soft panel for the DMM - Takes forever to load and does not detect the DMM.
  • Run the soft panel for Switch modules - Takes forever to load and does not detect the switch cards.
  • Run MAX - This takes a very long time to load which then eventually complains about connection issue to the database.
  • Checked in device manager on windows 10 to see if it can see the devices and it can under the category Data Acquisition Devices
  • I have check to ensure NI Device Loader service is running and it is.
  • I have updated both DMM drivers and DAQmx drivers.
  • I have checked to make sure Windows 10 Fast Startup is disabled.

Just to totally eliminate the hardware, we have another ATE and I plugged the chassis into that one. That has no issues detecting the hardware. This says to me thats its a PC/software issue.

Only other thing I have not tried is reset the MAX database connection. I need to contact the ATE manufactures to ensure this won't cause an issue.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,752 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gazlar

Issue Resolved

Resetting MAX database sorted the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,733 Views)