PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX 3 locks up when using test panels

I am using MXI-3 fiber link to connect to PXI-1000B chassis from my win XP PC. I have a PXI-6115 and PXI-6533 in slot 3 and 5 respectively.

Both devices shows up in max and window device manager.

But when I try to check the properties test resources on PXI-6115 then nothing happens.If I run test panel on max or in virtual channel, its locks up the MAX.

Runing the test resouces in MAX on PXI-6533, I get the message that "This device is not responding to selected base address.

I have also tried this setup with windows 2000. When I runs MAX the TEst Panels and Test Resources buttons are grayed out.

I have changing diffrent setting for IRQ's and DMA without ant results.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,047 Views)
When you install a MXI-3 card in the PC and the PXI chassis, there is a MXI Initialization disk that you get which installs the MXI-3 Optimization program on your PC, which must run on bootup of the PC.

Also, your PXI chassis must be powered on FIRST before your PC is powered up.

Have you done both of these tasks first?

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,047 Views)
I have done all that you have suggested, a PXI-6602
works fine in the same chassis. I am getting this problem only with PXI-6115 and PXI-6533 cards.

I have also looked into the PC BIOS and PCI complaince to 2.2 because of 3.3 volts issues.

I believe these two cards could be bad, cards were bought used.

teezee
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,047 Views)
It's possible. Doing the two procedures I mentioned above, I've always been able to run test panels in MAX for every PXI card I've put in the chassis, providing I've also installed NI-DAQ and MAX on the PC. Have you tried reinstalling NI-DAQ?

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,047 Views)