PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Memory full error in 5122 when I acquire 50M samples..

Solved!
Go to solution
I am using Labview 8 for acquiring data from PXI 5122 card (512 RAM). I sample using 100Ms rate.. Now I need to acquire 50M samples. it requires 400MB file size when saving.. when I start aquiring its gives Me error "Memory Full" and stopes..

When I aquire two channel It aquires only 20M data maximum in DBL format. using one channel it aquires 50M maximum in DBL format.. I need more sample.. How can I do it?

when I was doing it with GAGE card I was having only 8MB RAM. I was acquiring 42Ms rate.. and it was taking too much samples.. I don't know why Labview or PXI can't handle it....
Gage card was aquiring only 16bit format. and it was sufficient.. while Labview aquires DBL format it requires 64bir for one sample.. and if I set it to lower format (I32 or I16) it gives Garbage data.. which is not true values

Plz help me...!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,812 Views)
Hi CYBORG,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments support. Please take a look at KB 3ZNDGRS9, as it talks about the error you are getting. A screen shot or more detailed error message will also help us resolve the issue if the Knowledgebase is not enough. This will help us determine if it is the on-board memory or the computer memory which is becoming full.
David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 10
(5,797 Views)
Hi.. thank you...

Now I got the solution in a diffrent way.. I aquire only 16bit counts.. and then convert it into Voltage form.. so will be no memory problem..

But I got another problem.. when I convert it in to voltage..  If I apply sine wave of 2V pk to pk to input ..  data I aquire reconstruct 1.77V sine wave pk to pk..

I desired to remove two bits from data as there was only 14bit ADC and data was 16bit... but then I can't reconstruct the waveform.. it cuts down and goes all positive value....

So.. is there any standard method to convert in to voltage.. ? or I am mistaking somewhere..?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,791 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hitesh_Dhola
CYBORG,

There is an example which does just what you are looking for in the LabVIEW example finder (Help » Find Examples... » Hardware Input and Output » Modular Instruments » NI-SCOPE » General » niScope EX Binary Acquisition ). This example shows how to use the offset and gain to calculate the scaled voltage.
David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
Message 4 of 10
(5,776 Views)
Smiley Very Happy
 BinGO....!!!!!!!!!!

Bulls EyE.......... David..

Thanks.. 

My problem is Solved ... But not PXI memory problem....

If I have PXI 8186 System (1 GB)  with four 5122 card (512MB onboard memory).... I should have able to aquire maximum 286M samples (I16bit format) per channel....

But I can only aquire maximum 150M samples for one channel and 75M samples for two channels simultaneously....

If I only fetch the data... It can aquire up to 286M... But when I try to save it in Binary format ( using ready function in Labview)...  it only saves 150M samples (296M file size)...

Now .. why it happens..?  I know... It needs 900MB ram (During 150M file) of My sytem during aquisition ( or Saving .. I don't Know)...
So.. That means .. If I want to save 300MB file size .. I would need 3 times more RAM in my system ? ? It is like that.. I cant' save it wth one GB RAM....?

What if I want to save all 286M samples for both the channels simultaneously?... Or what is the limitation ?

Again Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,762 Views)
CYBORG,

I'm glad the example program is what you were looking for. Are you having problems when running the shipping example mentioned above, or do the problems occur when running your code? I do not understand why there is a memory problem, as in your post above you said the memory problem was resolved.
David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,748 Views)
My problem was "how to aquire more than 50M samples?" .... But as I aquired only 16bit ... I can aquire up to 150M samples for  one channel.. So.. this problem is solved

but,

I have another application which requires Maximum (286M) samples ...  this is not working... I explained the problem in previous  reply...

in  one sentence " How can I aquire Maximum number of samples and save it in binary format?" ... this is just I want..

How many samples can I take simultaneously from both channel..? Because I need two channel aquired simultaneously...

I want to utilize my full 512M memory to aquire as many number of sample I can have...

And VI I am using is nothing but just configuring Horizontal... Vertical perameter... Fetching.. and Saving in Binary file

I hope u understand now... or I will send u VI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,749 Views)
Please post your code, as it will be helpful in replicating the problem.
David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,717 Views)

Hi everybody,

I am trying to run an application which runs continuously recording peace of signals or if a critical event is detected run a trigger and save some signal. The problem is that after some hours (2 to 7 hours depending on the computer) the program stop displaying the following message: Labview: memory is full!!

How can I solve this problem?? I am also attaching the VI.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,795 Views)

Hi,

As an option to solve the same problem previously posted I also develope another program. In this case the program runs a bit longer (9 hours or so on) but the message that labview is without memory is displayed again:

Labview: Memory is full

VI was stopped at unknown at a call to vi: Instance:0

I am ataching the VI.

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,792 Views)