PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2009 shuts down with no error messages for no reason.

Running Windows XP, after installing LV 2009 on my ATE, LV 2009 would shut down when it got half-way through "Initializing Plug-ins" on the splash screen. It had completely loaded fine 3 times before, but then started acting up and shutting down. I never ran any code with it, just explored a few of the new features the 3 times I got it loaded. I could not get it to completely load any time after that. The system already had LV8.6 loaded on it, working fine with my application. I tried looking for some LV error log on the hard drive to tell me what was happening, couldn't fine one. I also tried deleting the temp directory, still no help. Finally uninstalled ALL NI software from the computer (including all traces of 8.6) and reloaded LV2009 with a fresh install. (2 1/2 hours to uninstall all NI components and at least another 2 1/2 hours to reinstall LV2009) LV2009 now loads, but when I run my application LV crashes and closes with no error messages displayed. The same app works just fine in v8.6. I have an error indicator on the screen, but it crashes before I can see any messages. Finally added a message handler that would display the error message before dumping LV. The error was 1000 - "VI not in a state compatible with this operation." My app is dynamically loading VIs into a subpanel as needed. Got tired of messing with LV2009, am uninstalling it for the 2nd time and will put v8.6 back on the computer. I've killed more than 2 days on this *!&%$ thing with all the uninstalls and installs. I will not load LV2009 again until I see it working fine with the bug release version in the spring, or I may just keep v8.6 and skip the new version all together.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,364 Views)

Not sure this is the same issue you are having, but my copy of LV2009 (SP1) suddenly started giving me a "LabVIEW 9.0.1 Development System has encountered a problem and needs to close" system error while initializing plug-ins during startup and would not run.  I focused on the plug-ins and checked the NI License Manager and looked under LabVIEW 2009 SP1 Modules and found a copy of the FPGA module had inadvertently been installed but was showing red as its evaluation period of 30 days had expired.  I uninstalled the FPGA module and then LabVIEW worked fine after that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,076 Views)

Here is a link to a thread with similiar problem in LV 8.6:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=369469&requireLogin=False

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,072 Views)

As similar to the link listed in the thread, I had the same problem yesterday.  Repaired Labview 9 but no change.  I got rid of the Labview RT components as it only had 1 day of evaluation left on it.   The problem when away and version 9 is back up an operational.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,767 Views)

I get this error Labview cannot continue ( when loading plug ins), so based on this thread I tried to purge all the evaluation ware,

but can't locate all of it in add/remove programs. The name in license manager does not allow one to determine which

feature to remove to get rid of it.

That's after fixing a problem where the installation messed with my

gateway settings and disabled my network connectivity.

labview tpwcebuilder  pocketpcbuilder realtime dsc statechart are hidden in something else so I can't get rid of them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,621 Views)

You should be able to see these in Add/Remove Programs after you click on National Instruments Software then 'Change/Remove'.  You can confirm what software you have both here and in Measurement and Automation Explorer.

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,598 Views)