PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV-222-555-000 mil-1553 with Labview on Linux

Will this work, or is it a 15k paper weight now? I didnt see anything about this being windows only when ordered but maybe I missed it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,735 Views)

At this time, the LabVIEW API is only supported on Windows and Pharlap Real-time, not Linux.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,720 Views)

@maddthad wrote:

Will this work, or is it a 15k paper weight now? I didnt see anything about this being windows only when ordered but maybe I missed it.

It desn't quite work like that. Not the fact that it doesn't say "Windows only" is relevant but the fact that it doesn't mention that other systems than Windows are supported.

However the product is supposedly OEMed from Astronics Ballard and seems to correspond to the Omnibus II product there. They do state that they have Linux drivers. Please note that the availabilty of Linux drivers does not mean that there is a LabVIEW driver for it that works on Linux. Most likely their Linux driver is a shared library implementation with a C/C++ interface so accessing that will most likely require you to create a LabVIEW VI library that uses Call Library Nodes to call this shared library.

It is feasable to expect that the driver API on Linux is similar to the driver API on Windows, so it may be possible to reuse some of the VIs you already have, but it is likely not just a weekend project but will probably require some serious programming.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,709 Views)