PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCR Compensation with PXI4190

Hello everyone,

so i am trying to compensate the PXI 4190 LCR module, because we use it within a complex test fixure, in order to measure capacitance and resistance. I tried to follow the following guide, but it does not really come with a hands-on example:

https://www.ni.com/docs/de-DE/bundle/ni-dcpower-compensating-lcr-measurements/page/ni-dcpower-compen...

For instance, in the chapter "Generating Custom Cable Compensation Data" it says, that "Get LCR Custom Cable Compensation Data" should be called for multple sets to generate a discrete data set for each set, which then "can be tracked"... My question is, what is that supposed to mean? "can be tracked"? What would be a way to track it? 

For example: I have over 30 testpoints, which according to the guide need to be individually compensated. Does that mean i have to create 30 wire for each testpoints after creating at least 30 data sets after 30 individual compensation, just so i can use it in the corresponding part in the code? 
Can someone show me an example by any chance please?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(517 Views)

Probably best to reach out to NI Support or your NI contact to get more example or detail.

PXIe-4190 is a niche and not a lot of knowledge is available in the public.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(480 Views)

Hi all,

I am having similar questions. I noticed that on-board storage only save the latest open/short/load compensation data, but that means the compensation data is extrapolated with frequencies other than the ones you tested. I noticed that we can directly set the property nodes to input the open/short/load compensation resistance/reactance...etc, but where are these values come from?

As you mentioned, the compensation document does not really talk about how to exact these values from on-board memory after compensation is conducted. The niDCPower Get Compensation Data.vi gives output of an array of unsigned 8bit integer, which is hard to interpret.

Can I assume that I can directly conduct measurements under open-circuit, short-circuit, and known load conditions and use the output impedance to calculate those values?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(220 Views)

@snh93 wrote:

Hi all,

I am having similar questions. I noticed that on-board storage only save the latest open/short/load compensation data, but that means the compensation data is extrapolated with frequencies other than the ones you tested. I noticed that we can directly set the property nodes to input the open/short/load compensation resistance/reactance...etc, but where are these values come from?

As you mentioned, the compensation document does not really talk about how to exact these values from on-board memory after compensation is conducted. The niDCPower Get Compensation Data.vi gives output of an array of unsigned 8bit integer, which is hard to interpret.

Can I assume that I can directly conduct measurements under open-circuit, short-circuit, and known load conditions and use the output impedance to calculate those values?

Thank you

Hi,
i also assumed that and yes, that is what i did.
But i really doubt, if that is the correct approach here.... it would be much better, if the official documentation would be updated in that regard.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(107 Views)