PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a PXI 8513 compatible with CANOpen labview library?

I am currently trying to work with CANOpen. I am using a PXI 8513 with an 8133 embedded controller, then a NI 9862 CAN card (with cDAQ 9178), and a CAN breakout box.  I am wondering if the PXI 8513 is compatible with the CANOpen labview library, and if it is not, can I somehow make it work with a different driver?  Or, is my only option to purchase the NI PXI-8461/2 series 2?

Thank you,

Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,902 Views)

Anthony, 

In fact the PXI-8513 would probably be a better choice for using the CANOpen Library as it is one of the pieces of hardware fully supported by the library while the PXI-8461 is not.

You can find the CANOpen Library help manual here. Below is a screenshot of the page that describes hardware compatibility.

CANopen Hardware Compatibility.png

Hope this information helps! Best of luck with the application.

-Nick-

Nick C | Software Project Manager - LabVIEW Real-Time | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,890 Views)

Hi Guys,

I have the same question. Thanks for the link to help file, but in this file the the PXI-8531 is listed as supported device. I also plan a PXI-8513/2 with the 2 interfaces. One should be used as Standard-CAN, the other port should be CANopen. With the "old" hardware XS-Series 2 this option is supported by using the Standard Frame API on Port 1 and the "old" CANopen LabVIEW Library on Port 2.

How would I do this with the X-NET-Hardware?

Possible solutions I see:

Option 1: I use the compatibility layer and use the old versions of the NI-CAN-API which I won't prefer due to old and not recommended API on CAN and CANopen.

Option 2: I buy a 8513 and a 8531 which I won't prefer at all.

Does anyone see other options due to CANopen Interface Create.vi does not accept my 8513 hardware.

Thanks in advance.

Tyler.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,562 Views)