From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PXI the right solution?

I'm building a 6x8x8' box that has TCs lining the walls in grids, probably 250+ points.

We need a temperature accuracy within +/-3 degrees F with a sample time of no less than 1 minute(would prefer a sample rate of 1000ms).

I've been shopping around for hardware and it looks like PXI is the best fit for the price, what do you think?

Also, does anyone know if there is a "go between" from the TCs on the walls to the module in the chassis, such as ethernet? This could greatly reduce the amount of TC wire needed.

Thanks for your input!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,038 Views)

@LabNoob14 wrote: Also, does anyone know if there is a "go between" from the TCs on the walls to the module in the chassis, such as ethernet? This could greatly reduce the amount of TC wire needed.

If that is your concern, I would go with some Ethernet cDAQs filled with TC modules.  From my quick research, you can go with 2 of the cDAQ-9189 (Ethernet cDAQ chassis with 8 slots) and 16 of the NI-9213 TC modules for not much more than the PXIe setup I found (within $3k in a $20k+ system).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,026 Views)

Cool, I'll have a look at that setup as well

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,023 Views)