From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing with PXIe 6592R's DRAM

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody.

Is there any information about recommended options when interfacing with PXIe 6592R's DRAM in terms of access size and frequency. I have been looking for a while but could not find any information.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,678 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Artavazd

Hey! I'm not aware of any resources specific to using the 6592R's DRAM, however the 6592R shares the same DRAM implementation as the FlexRIO PXIe-797xR series of devices. I'd recommend the following white paper: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14652/en/

If you haven't already seen it, there's also a great getting started example that ships with the FlexRIO driver that outlines a few different ways (with varying complexity) of accessing the DRAM onboard FlexRIO (and thus 659x) devices. The example is written for FlexRIO hardware and I'd look specifically at the example for the 7976R, but you can use the same approaches with the 6592R. 

Hope this helps.

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
Message 2 of 3
(2,669 Views)

Hello BauerPower,

Thank you for provided information. This is exactly what I have been looking for!

Artavazd,

Systems Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,634 Views)