PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing pxi-6551

I am having problems establishing a connection with my PXI-6551 HSDIO card in MAX. I am installing the card into NI PXI-1031 chassis with MXI-4 connection monitor. I have verified the card works on a different chassis, and I know the chassis works because I have a PXI 2503 switch card that is properly function. The pxi-6551 was successfully installed from the NI System Driver Set disk, however I can not the MAX to perform a self test on the card. I generate the following error:

The device self test has failed. The error report from the device drivers as follows:

Error -50251 occurred at Self-Test

Possible Reason(s):

NI Platform Services: The specified software component is not available. The component was not loaded.

Can anyone help with this?

-Milhouse

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,584 Views)

I fixed the problem. Some how the the latest driver set disk did not have all the necessary drivers for the DIO card. I rolled back the install to the February 2009 driver set disk and it work.

-Milhouse 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,560 Views)

I encountered the same error with the USB-4065 DMM.  The problem went away when I added "C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\Bin" to the PATH.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,365 Views)