From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing PCIe 8371 in Advantech ARK-3440

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to intall a PCIe-8371 to a PC Advantech ARK-3440. Put the PCIe card in the PCIe slot. Turn on the chassis (PXIe-1062Q) first then the PC. The lights on both cards turn on green. But MAX doesn't show anything.

Tried the compatibility BIOS thing, The PWR led on 8370 lights green while the LINK led is off, and the led on 8371 turns on orange.

Looking for something to appear in the device manager without luck. (NI PCI bridge or  NI SB driver)

Also updated the device drivers software with the one the system came with (NI System Driver Set 2010.02)

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,106 Views)

I installed the PCIe-8371 in another PC with a motherboard ASUS P8B75-M. Opened the device manager before it started detecting the new hardware and installing the drivers. Everything was installed and worked fine.

Just contacted the technical support from Advantech to help me with this issue. I had been making some changes in the bios setup with no success. I´m wainting a response from tech support.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,062 Views)

the raiser default in the ark3440 is PCIe 1X. Check fi do you have the raiser with option pcie 4x

Message 3 of 7
(7,054 Views)

Done, it came with the raiser for PCIe 4x installed. Also looked at the user's manual in case i missed something. I have been playing around the BIOS with some sethings related with PCIe ports without luck.

Also installed the MXI-Express Bios Compatibility Software. Still no success. There appears to be no communication in the PCIe port, it doesn't detect any hardware. I´m going to try another PCI or PCIe (1x or 4x) card to verify it can be seen.

I have been looking for a firmware update, but i wasn't able to find any 😞

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,049 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author G1L

Issue solved, i updated the BIOS, and everythig worked fine. All the hardware was detected and installed.

I had to contact the tech support. I don't know why they don't have the BIOS on the website, or why they didn't upgraded the BIOS since we ordered the system with the riser for the PCIe 4x card. I know most applications don't require the use of the PCIe port. But i think all their systems should have the last BIOS version. Or at least, provide it in their website.

Once i updated the bios, the system detected the hardware and installed all the drivers. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,006 Views)

Hi DEAR G1L

I have the same problem 

Would you mind sending me bios update for ark 3440 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,318 Views)

Mic2Lab, have you seen how old is the thread? More than 7 years.

Unfortunately I no longer have the files to update the BIOS.

I believe the ARK 3440 was discontinued and replaced by the ARK 3500.

Better try to contact Advantech technical support. They could be able to provide the files you are looking for.

As for this issue, I was told that the BIOS version 2.0 is the one that has support for the PCIe 4x. The PC had BIOS version 1.18 that's why I needed to update it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,301 Views)