From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Resistance PXIe 6378

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i have the PXIe-6378 Module and i want to know which input resistance the module has for a volatage measurement. 

So i would know, how high the current is, that flows into the module.

Can you help me here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,217 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mihamm

Could you please elaborate more on "how high the current is, that flows into the module." - what are you trying to do?

Are you using the input resistance to measure the current?

When it is ON, the input resistance if more than 100G ohm.

santo_13_0-1638474049880.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,195 Views)

Thank you for the answer.
What I want to know is how much the voltage measurement "loads" my test setup. That is, how much power flows into or through the meter. I would have found the 100GOhm here as well. However, I was not sure, because this value seems to me to be very high.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,185 Views)

Yes, it should be high because of the OPAMP buffer at the input and thereby does not load the signal.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,173 Views)