PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industrial communications for devicenet

I am trying to configure a Beckhoff IL2302-B520-0000 Dnet Header in MAX using NI industrial communications for devicenet and a PXI-1033 / PXI-8532. If I right click on the beckhoff and select configure IO in the project explorer, there are no options to pick in IO connection type pull down and the add/edit/remove buttons are grayed out in the IO variables section (so I can't add IO Items to my project).

If I then Right click on the Beckhoff, in the project and select utilities / on-line test panel and then click on verify the device, I get the following message:

"The I/O in the configuration is different from the supported I/O in the device. Please change the device data sheet. Here are the details:
Warning: This device supports the additional mode, Poll, Strobe, COS, Cyclic. It isn't defined in the slave configuration.

You can click "Verify the device" again to verify that the device supports the configured I/O configuration."

I have the most current datasheet (just downloaded it from Beckhoff, so I am not sure what is going on here...

I don't have this issue on my other device but my other devices use dip switches to set the baud rate and node addresses.  I think this is somehow related to my issue (but not sure)?

I think this node needs to be commissioned some how but I don't know how to do this in Labview...

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,667 Views)

At least it sounds like the Beckhoff device is detected in Max with our master?

I noticed the eds file has only one revision for both Min and Major. Could you upload your device information and check whether you have a later revision?

if that is the case you have to change the eds file to match the revisions of your device and you must reimport the file.

[Device]
    VendCode    = 108;
    VendName    = "Beckhoff Automation";
    ProdType    = 12;
    ProdTypeStr = "Communications Adapter";
    ProdCode    = 2302;  
    MajRev      = 1;     
    MinRev      = 1;   
    ProdName    = "IL2302-B520 V01.01";
    Catalog     = "IL2302-B520";

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,648 Views)

Here is the version I have. If I don't install the eds file, I can add the IO for the Beckhoff just fine. I also had to change the file extension from .eds to .txt to get the attach to work...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,646 Views)

I will give that a try. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,644 Views)

How would I go about importing the device information (revision level)?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,567 Views)

I deleted the Beckhoff node and added a new taget or device in MAX. When I do this the Device shows up as IL2302_B520_V01_03. I am guessing that this is the revision level (1.3). So I changed the eds file's minor revision to 3. I still can not add any IO items. I have deleted the device from the project and re-added it with no eds file. Now I can't add the IO items that I had before I added this new eds file????

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,566 Views)